Share

Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, Spain

The amazing Sagrada Famlia - the Basilica and Epiatory Church of the Holy Family, a large Roman Catholic church in Barcelona, Spain. (WIKI articleAntoni Gaudi (1852-1926), was the architect and helped with the transition of styles from neo-Gothic art to Modernism. He was said to have transcended Catalan Modernism and merged into an "organic" style reflecting his love of Nature. In much of his work and in the Basilica, one can see this influence of Nature. If you get to Barcelona, GO SEE THIS CATHEDRAL! DO IT! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!
Sagrada familia, Barcelona, Spain, January 2014, C. Carson
The place is STUNNING. I spent several hours there and left having had an incredible spiritual experience. I want to share my photos from my visit so if you have the chance, do look through them. The light was so amazing in every part of the building. I took the tower to the top and saw fabulous views of the city. The grounds are also worth checking out. DEFINITELY purchase the audio guide - it's very worth it! I took many photos of the same view as the light changed through the glorious windows. I believe that you simply cannot take a bad photo here - even if your lens cap is on. Here's my album - I hope you like it!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100516534447647.1073741833.2613080&type=1&l=37843e8858

No comments:

Post a Comment