Share

Thursday, December 10, 2015

#AdventWord #DARE - Thursday, December 10, 2015

Today's #AdventWord is #DARE
I LOVE this word! I offer to you Theodore Roosevelt's words:
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, 
because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
A little bug on a mountain overlook at St. Mary's, TN in June 2015.

I'm often struck by how small and fragile we humans are. Still, we have dared mighty things and continue to take those risks which advance humanity. 
Our very act of survival is daring! 
On a personal level, I have taken many risks which have brought me to today and I'm ever thankful I had enough guts for it all! Another of my favorite quotes is by Georgia O'Keeffe:

I've been absolutely terrified every moment of my life - and 
I've never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do.

While I haven't been terrified every day, there have been a-plenty!
Go ye and DARE to do something new today! :-)

#‎Episcopal‬ ‪#‎Anglican‬ ‪#‎SSJE‬ ‪#‎EDOLA‬AdventWord was created by SSJE (The Society of St. John the Evangelist) and is the Anglican Communion's Global Advent Calendar. I'm using it as a daily meditation, prayer, photo post, and a way to connect in spirit to millions during this season of light and hope. You can join me in creating your own. Just take a picture and post it with the day's AdventWord tags! Click HERE for their website and for their daily AdventWords.
#SSJE

No comments:

Post a Comment